SIS - Opening Multiple Stand Alone SIS Sessions
Review these tips to successfully have SIS open in multiple SIS sessions without one session affecting the other.
You may be logged into SIS more than once. You click Sign Out on one instance and the other instance signs out; or you navigate or click a link in one of the SIS instances and it gives you a logged out or password expired message.
The Advisor Center, Faculty Center, Student Center, Course Search & Enroll App all access SIS real-time data.
To successfully have SIS open in multiple windows without one session impacting the other, do one of the following:
- In Google Chrome, select 3 dots customize button, select 'New incognito window'.
- In Mozilla Firefox, select 3 lines menu button, select 'New Private Window'.
- If using containers, you may open tabs in separate containers.
- In Internet Explorer, use the menu path >File > New Session when opening a second instance.
- Open two different browsers, e.g., start Google Chrome and start Mozilla Firefox.