Topics Map > Enrollment
Topics Map > Student Information System (SIS)
Topics Map > Student Records
SIS/Service Indicators - Adding a Service Indicator
This document shows how to add a new service indicator, often referred to as a hold, to a student's record.
To add a service indicator/hold, to a student’s record, follow the steps below:
From Home, select: Student Records WorkCenter, Manage Service Indicators. The Find page will display. Search for the student you want to add a service indicator for by entering their Campus ID# in the "Campus ID" field. Other search fields can be used, but Campus ID is the value you're most likely to know and its use will ensure you're accessing the correct student record. Select "Search".
A summary of the student's service indicators will display on the Manage Service Indicators page. Browse the list to ensure that the service indicator you plan to add is not already in place.
Select Add Service Indicator at either top or bottom of the page. The Add Service Indicator page will display.
Complete all the fields as advised here: Service Indicator Page Definitions. You may either enter the values directly in the field or use the lookup feature/magnifying glass to search for the desired value.
- Verify Institution = UWMSN
- Enter Service Indicator Code
- Enter Reason
- Enter Start Term
- Enter/verify today's date in Start Date
- If desired, complete any optional fields
Select [Apply] to save. Or, select [OK] to save and return to the list of other service indicators.
- Your security determines which service indicator(s) you can add.
- If Start Term is entered and End Term is left blank, and the Services Impacted include enrollment, the student will not be able to add, drop, or swap from the specified Start Term or any future term until the service indicator is released.
- A service indicator that prevents enrollment requires a Start Term; also enter a current or future Start Date. This date determines when a student can view their hold in MyUW.
- If you want the service indicator to only be in effect for one term, enter the same term number in Start Term and End Term. You can also specify an End Date.
- The name of the advisor can be specified in the Contact ID field.
- A department should avoid placing multiple FEB service indicators. If a student has more than one fine for the same department, the total can be specified in the Amount field and/or details can be typed in the Comments field.
- To mass assign service indicators (>50), contact firstname.lastname@example.org.