Topics Map > Curricular Services
Topics Map > Data Services
Topics Map > Graduation
Topics Map > Enrollment
Topics Map > Credit Evaluation
Topics Map > Residency for Tuition
Topics Map > Student Information System (SIS)
Topics Map > Student Records
Topics Map > Grading
Topics Map > FERPA/Privacy
Course Search & Enroll - Enrolling/Editing Variable Credit
An overview and step-by-step guide to enrolling in variable credit courses, and editing selected credits in an enrolled course.
Some courses/sections are configured as variable credit, which allows you to choose the number of credit you would like to enroll in.
Selected credits will be available within the range indicated in Course Search & Enroll.
Variable credits can be edited after enrolling in the course.
Changes are made using Course Search & Enroll until that term's relevant deadline. After the deadline has passed, editing this option will require additional permission and will be done using Course Change Request.
Check the related dates and deadlines to determine whether to use Course Search & Enroll or Course Change Request.
Enrolling in Variable Credit Courses: Step-by-Step
Follow instructions to search and add courses to your cart:
Course Search & Enroll - Searching for Classes
Course Search & Enroll - Add & Enroll in Classes
Select the number of credits in one of the following ways:
- Select number of credits from the drop-down menu when adding the course to your cart.
- In your cart, select the course, click the See Sections and select number of credits from the drop-down menu.
- When enrolling, review the enrollment options and select number of credits from the drop-down menu.
Editing Variable Credits: Step-by-Step
- In Course Search & Enroll, go to the “My Courses” tab.
- In the Enrolled list, select the course you would like to edit.
- Select the See Sections button.
- If it's a variable credit course, you will see an Edit enrollment button at the bottom. Click the button to edit the number of credits.
- Select the number of credits from the drop-down menu, then click Save.
The editing option will not appear:
- If the course is not a variable credit course. Check course and section information again.
- If the deadline has passed. You may then submit your changes using the Course Change Request form. For more information see, SIS/Managing Your Enrollment - Student Center: Course Change Request.