DoIT Warranty Repair Services
DoIT Repair is an Apple Authorized Service Provider and a Dell Authorized Service Center offering warranty repairs on Apple and Dell computers. Additionally, we are able to honor Safeware warranties, provided that the warranties were purchased at the DoIT TechStore.
Apple does not publicly list us as an Apple Authorized Service Provider as our services are technically limited to University of Wisconsin-Madison affiliates and not the general public, however we are in fact authorized and have Apple Certified Mac Technicians on staff.
Apple and Dell provide warranty coverage that varies in duration and/or service parameters. To have your computer serviced under warranty, you should first verify that the computer is covered by warranty.
- Locate the computer's Serial Number (Apple) or Service Tag (Dell).
- Verify your computer's warranty coverage using the manufacturer's website
- Apple warranties can be checked here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
- Dell warranties can be checked here: http://support.dell.com
Understand what your warranty will cover. Apple warranties will only cover defects in parts or workmanship; accidental damage such as spills and drops will not be covered. Dell offers a variety of warranty coverage options; some options include accidental damage, and some do not. You can check your Apple Warranty or Dell Warranty terms to see what is and isn't covered.
- If you purchased a Dell Warranty and it wasn't activated at purchase, we can work with Dell to retroactively activate the warranty. If the computer/warranty was purchased from our Tech Store, we have all the proof of purchase necessary to do so. If you purchased the computer from a different store, you will need to provide proof of purchase. This process may take several business days.
To have your computer serviced under warranty, bring it to one of our three Service Desk locations. One of our Service Desk Agents will verify the issue that you're experiencing, confirm warranty coverage, and check in your computer for service. Computers which are owned by University departments are eligible for our free pick-up and delivery service. Please see our Service Request
page for more information.
All warranty repairs are subject to the DoIT Repair disclaimer, which can be viewed here
Expedited Warranty Repair
For customers who require a faster turnaround time on warranty repairs, we offer expedited repair service on a paid basis. Rates and response times are:
- Priority Rate = $120 per hour, $120 minimum charge. A technician will begin working on your computer within one business day of check-in.
- Emergency Rate = $160 per hour, $160 minimum charge. A technician will begin working on your computer within two business hours of check-in
Note that DoIT Repair is open Monday through Friday from 7:45AM to 5:00PM, excluding legal holidays and the last week of December. The above rates do not guarantee a completion time for your repair.