This document describes how to connect to the Russell Labs hub fileserver.
Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Forest & Wildlife faculty, students, and staff; Hub staff
Mapping a Lab Drive in the Russell Labs Domain
Are you OFF-campus
Using a Wireless Connection?
Do these steps first:
A. Connect to the Internet.
B. Launch the GlobalProtect VPN software,* then follow the rest of these instructions.
* for instructions on getting and installing WiscVPN software, visit this webpage: http://www.doit.wisc.edu/network/vpn/
- From the MacOS finder click Go on the top menu bar
- Select Connect to Server
- Enter smb://russell.drive.wisc.edu/russell/labstorage/<your department>/labs/<your lab name>
- Under <your department> it will be ento, ppath, fwe (no < > needed)
- Under <your lab name> it's last name_lab (groves_lab, gevens_lab, kruger_lab)
1) User name: enter:
2) Password box: enter your NetID password.