Russell Labs Hub - Faculty Guide - User authentication for Sharp Copiers - Windows 7
This document explain how to enter your user information for printing to the Sharp Color Copiers located in Russell Labs.
The Sharp Color Copiers located in room 218 and the Herrling Lab require user authentication for printing. To enter your user information for printing perform the following steps:
- Go to the Start menu and select Devices and Printers.
- Locate the icon for the Sharp copier you would like to print to. Right-click on the icon and select Printing Preferences.
- Select the Job Handling tab.
- Under User Authentication click on the check box next to Login Name. In the text field enter the appropriate NetID or Username*.
- Click on the check box next to Password and then enter the appropriate password**.
- Click Apply and then OK.
You should now be able to print using the Sharp Color Copier.
*Print outs for labs will use the NetID of the PI for the affiliated Lab. For printing instruction materials will use one of the following:
**The password can be obtained by speaking to the PI you report to or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make an appointment with Russell IT staff by emailing email@example.com if you want assistance with this new copier system.