Adding network printer on a Mac
This document walks users through adding a network printer.
To add a network printer on a Mac perform the following steps:
- Ensure the Mac is connected to the Russell Labs network. The Mac will either need to be connected via Ethernet inside Russell Labs. If the machine is connected via wireless or on a network outside of Russell Labs the computer will need to be connected using the departmental VPN.
- On the computer open System Preferences.
- In System Preferences click on Print & Scan. on some versions of Mac OS X this was labeled Print & Fax
- In the Print & Scan window click on the + button. It will be located in the lower left hand corner of the window that displays added devices.
- Select the IP tab.
- For Address add the IP address of the printer you wish to print to. For information on available printers click here
- For Protocol select Line Printer Daemon LPD.
- OS X should auto detect the printer and add the correct driver. If the driver software is not available on the Mac you will need to download the driver from the printer manufacturer.
- Click add.
The printer should now appear in your list of printers.