Topics Map > IT
Email Service Accounts
Email Service Accounts - Definition, Eligibility, and How to Apply
Also known as a role-based account, a service account is used for:
- shared roles – general information, webmaster, newsletter, feedback (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- changing roles – committee chair, student group officer
- temporary roles – search and screen committees (for up to one year) (example: email@example.com)
These accounts can be accessed via a linked NetID/password or by using the service account's direct username/password.
The following people/groups are eligible for service accounts:
- Faculty and staff
- Grad students doing work for faculty (faculty member must be listed on account)
- Student group officers (the Hub Student Services Coordinator must be listed on account)
How to Apply
Complete this form: https://hub.russell.wisc.edu/application-for-a-russell-labs-service-account/
Email Dixie - firstname.lastname@example.org.