Topics Map > Facilities/Instrumentation
Topics Map > First Week
Facilities/Instrumentation - Building Evacuation
This document provides information on how to evacuate the Russell Labs building in an emergency. This information is taken from the Occupant Emergency Plan.
- Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Forest & Wildlife faculty, students, and staff; Hub staff
|Option||Go To This Location|
|1) Shelter in Place||RL Basement|
| 2) Evacuation
|3) Relocation to Another Building Evacuation||Steenbock Library, Main Lobby|
Shelter in Place - Keeping facility attendees, citizens and staff in place or in a particular shelter location for the emergency that has presented itself (examples: tornado, active shooter, or a threat inside/outside or in the vicinity of Russell Labs).
Evacuation - Movement of building attendees, citizens, and staff out of Russell Labs and relocating to an outside assembly point. An example of an evacuation would be in case of a fire.
Relocation to Another Building Evacuation - Movement of facility attendees, citizens, and staff out of the entire facility to a designated off-site shelter facility. This may occur when there is inclement weather during an emergency.
In the Event of an Evacuation
- the building exit signs
- evacuations routes posted in elevator lobbies and hallways
- movement of other building occupants
- Russell Labs Occupant Emergency Plan - contact the Facilities and Instrumentation Manager
- UW Police Emergency Management Plan - see UW Police Emergency Management