Student Services - August Graduate Student Orientation - International Students

Incoming international students have additional events and steps.


  • Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Forest & Wildlife Faculty international students


Incoming international students have additional required events and steps that they need to take, if you are an incoming international student please review the list below and confirm that you have completed everything.

Check the ISS website for information on dates and times, please note that there are specific sections for incoming graduate students.

Get a Social Security Number (SSN)

International students will need to get either an SSN or ITIN (individual taxpayer information number) if you are not eligible for an SSN.
All international students either need to sign up for the Student Health Insurance Plan or submit a waiver if they have a campus position that includes health insurance.

Graduate School Document Hold

If you did not submit an official transcript during admissions you may have a hold on your record from the Graduate School, please check your student center to see if you have such a hold and how and when you need to resolve the hold; if you do not address the hold in a timely fashion you will not be able to enroll for courses the next semester.


See Also:

Keywords:international students, orientation, welcome   Doc ID:65324
Owner:Allee H.Group:Russell Labs Hub
Created:2016-07-21 10:19 CDTUpdated:2022-08-29 13:14 CDT
Sites:Russell Labs Hub
Feedback:  0   0