Topics Map > Faculty Guide
Russell Labs Hub - Faculty Guide - Shipping Packages and UPS details
This document provides information for obtaining shipping needs.
Below are instructions if you need to ship a package by UPS. UPS has the UW Contract and is the preferred shipper.
To ship by UPS, bring your shipment to Laurie Ballentine in room 237.
Please come with the following information and items:Information:
- Shipping address:
- email it to Laurie OR
- write or type it on a piece of paper
- Weight and size of box
- How you want it sent: Overnight, grounds, etc.
- Fund you want charged
- What is in the box (description of contents)
- The box, packed and ready to go, but open. If you use packing tape to seal other parts of the box, make sure it is clear packing tape.
2) If you are shipping with dry ice, you need to have the dry ice label on the box with how much dry ice is in there. Anything over 5 pounds needs to have paperwork filled out. Please see the website for this at this link https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/materials/coolants.html.
3) We do not ship anything over five pounds.
|Shipper||When to Use|
|FedEx||Only when you have to.|
|DHL||Only for certain areas out of country.|
|USPS||Can be used for smaller boxes.|
Please see Laurie Ballentine in room 237 if you have questions about shipping.