Education and Social/Behavioral Science Institutional Review Board (ED/SBS IRB) Newsletter, IRB Insider / Volume 5, Issue 2, November 2016
Reminder of Upcoming IRB Outreach Sessions
The ED/SBS IRB office offers outreach/training curriculum throughout the year. At the request of researchers, an additional session has been added to the Fall 2016 offerings:
- IRB 602: Data Storage/Retention and PAM Reviews on November 10 at 10:00 a.m. in the Education Building, Room 159 (Wisconsin Idea Room)
This session will cover requirements for Study Teams once a study has final IRB approval, and how to ensure that research data is stored in compliance with campus data retention policies. It is clear from IRB staff interactions with researchers that most Study Teams are not aware of the storage and retention requirements for research data. Additionally, this session will outline what Study Teams should expect in the event that they are selected for an audit of those files. IRB Staff are collaborating with representative(s) from the PAM (Post-Approval Monitoring) Program, which is part of the VCRGE office, on the panel for this session.In addition, what has been one of the most popular of all of the outreach sessions offered by the ED/SBS IRB is being presented again:
- IRB 103: How to Avoid Delays in the IRB Approval Process on December 8 at 2 p.m. in Lathrop Hall, Room B137
This session will address the most frequent errors seen by Staff Reviewers when reviewing protocol submissions and how to avoid them. A checklist of items that can slow the approval process of a protocol submission will be reviewed.
Have questions? The ED/SBS IRB Staff are here to help!
- For questions regarding a specific protocol, contact the assigned Staff Reviewer. Instructions for identifying the Staff Reviewer are located here.
- Drop-in hours are every Wednesday from 2:00-3:00 p.m. and Thursday from 10:00-11:00 a.m. The IRB staff are located on the 3rd floor of Lathrop Hall (take the west elevator or stairs).
- Individual appointments can be scheduled throughout the week. Contact an IRB staff member to schedule an appointment. Contact information is available here.
- For questions about ARROW, email email@example.com.
- Training Sessions are held throughout the year. To register for upcoming sessions, please visit the IRB Training Sessions page.
- To schedule an Outreach Session for your class, department, or group to learn more about the IRB, visit the Outreach Sessions page of our website.
- The ED/SBS IRB Office KnowledgeBase is a great resource for researchers and includes FAQs, guidance documents, information for new researchers, and much more!