Topics Map > Office of Cybersecurity > Tools and Software > LastPass
LastPass - Converting to NetID Login
The following steps should be followed when converting from a LastPass Master Password to NetID authentication.
- Request the Conversion to NetID Login:
- Conversion can be requested using the LastPass Login Conversion Request Web Form.
- Submitting will generate a WiscIT ticket for your request.
- A LastPass Enterprise admin will prepare your account for conversion.
- Once preparation is complete, the LastPass Enterprise admin will sync your account to NetID login.
- Please allow up to one hour for sync to complete. Then proceed with the following step:
- Login to your LastPass Browser Extension using your existing LastPass Master Password.
- Follow the redirect to the LastPass website.
- Re-enter your existing LastPass Master Password.
- Complete the authentication by completing the MFA (Duo) prompt.
- You'll be prompted for a new Master Password. Enter your existing Master Password in the "Old Master Password" field.
- A "Preparing New Login" notification should appear.
- During this time, LastPass is re-encrypting all of your password. DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER.
- When the encryption process is completed, you'll receive a message that a new password has been set. This indicates you've successfully sync'd with your NetId.
- To complete the conversion, clear your cache and restart your browser session.
- Your cache can be cleared through your browser History.
- You may also need to uninstall and reinstall the LastPass browser extension.
- Be sure to close all open tabs after clearing your cache or reinstalling the browser extension.