Topics Map > Office of Cybersecurity > Tools and Software > LastPass
LastPass - How to activate a UW-Madison Enterprise LastPass account
This document details how to create an enterprise LastPass account for UW-Madison related activities.
- Open a fresh browser or open a new incognito window on the browser you are already using.
- Go to your Wisc Account Administration page and log in with your NetID, password, and Duo if you not already logged in. When you are logged in you will see this screen.
- Click on LastPass then on Status, if not already on the LastPass Status page.
- In the Status window, click on Enable.
- This action will generate an email invitation to your wisc.edu email address which you can use to log in to LastPass. The email will look like this:
- Copy the Activation code to your clipboard or a text editor application.
- Click Activate LastPass.
- Once redirected to the "Finish account creation" page, paste the Activation code into the field (your LastPass username is already pre-populated for you).
- Click Continue.
- You are redirected to the NetID login page, where you can finish signing in to LastPass using your NetID account credentials.
Results: Your LastPass account is now activated to use NetID login, and you will continue to use your NetID account credentials to access your LastPass vault.