Topics Map > Office of Cybersecurity > Tools and Software > LastPass
LastPass - What are the benefits of using LastPass?
This document will detail the benefits of using LastPass
Password reuse is the largest cause of breaches today with over 80% of breaches coming directly from password reuse. LastPass makes it easy to have a different password at every site you use all over the internet and gives you secure access to those sites on every computer, tablet, or phone you use. Here are just a few benefits that LastPass provides
- Makes it easy to never reuse passwords
- Makes remembering many different passwords a thing of the past
- Makes your passwords available where you need them, in your browser
- It encrypts and decrypts your data on your local device only, none of your data is accessible by LastPass
- Locally stores all of your passwords, so even if the LastPass servers are unavailable your passwords will still be accessable
- Integrates with your browser, no more copying and pasting from one application to another
- Warns you when you are using the same password in multiple locations
- Works a cross platforms and devices. Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, more? Yes, it works there.
- Makes it easy to create random and unique passwords for any site you visit
- Syncs your logins, web sites, notes, credit cards, any secrets you want to keep in LastPass, everywhere you go.