Topics Map > JIRA
DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Service Offerings
The DoIT Shared Tools team supports a JIRA Software instance with with limited to no customizations. To better understand what you can do in jira.doit.wisc.edu, we recommend contacting the Shared Tools team and requesting a need analysis.
What can be done in the DoIT JIRA Software instance?
- A single standardized project(s) in DoIT’s JIRA Software instance
- Scrum and Kanban boards for Agile project management
- Epics, versions, releases, and parallel Sprints
- Issues and request types
- To Do
- In Progress
- On Hold
- Global labels shared with all projects in the instance
- Custom fields per project
- Internal comments to team members only
- Email handlers can pull in emails into the platform and assign them to a designated user.
- Due to licensing limitations, external collaborators can not have accounts in the DoIT JIRA instance.
- Currently, emails can be pulled into a queue and assigned to a specific individual. However, Atlassian is deprecating the plugin used in support of JIRA Service Desk.
- The plugin may be discontinued in favor of JIRA Service Management.
- Replies to external partners are not added to JIRA issues.
- Ability to transfer tickets to different service teams depends on the project structure and access.
- Advanced workflow and customizations require administrative requests.
- Custom notifications
- Issue configurations
- Issues/request types
- Field configuration
Supported Workflows & Features
Diagram of the Supported Workflows & Features