DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Brand New User Access
This document will guide you through the steps to add a new user to DoIT's instance of Jira.
How to Add Yourself to DoIT JIRA
- Open a web browser and enter the following url https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/ .
- You will be redirected to the Wisconsin Federation login page, select your local organization and click on the Go button. If you are curious about the Wisconsin Federation, please review this document.
- You will then be asked to enter your NetID and Password. Click on the Log in button.
As a result, you will be added to the appropriate UDDS (organization) groups. If you are in one of the UDDS groups that has access to the specific JIRA project, then you will have access to that project and appear in the Assignee and Watcher lists for selection. Verify this by logging into your JIRA project(s) at https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa.
Wisconsin Federation Thinks I Belong to Another Local Organization?!
- Ask yourself, have you ever selected another organization because you:
- pertained to it, once upon a time
- just accidentally selected the wrong organization from the dropdown menu?
If the answer is YES, it is likely that your browser is remembering that formerly selected local organization.
- You will need to clear your cache and cookies, close your browser, reopen your browser and login to JIRA here https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/ .
The image below shows that UW-La Crosse is selected, but the user really wants to select UW-Madison. That user will have to clear their cache and cookies, go back to https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/ and then select the correct local organization.
- If you experience any problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org