Topics Map > JIRA
Topics Map > GitLab
DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab - GitLab and JIRA Integration
This document describes how users can natively integrate their local JIRA account with their DoIT GitLab account.
You will need a local JIRA account created by a DoIT JIRA Super Admin. A service account "user" or WiscList "user" can be added. You will not be able to integrate a NetID-based JIRA account.
- A Project Administrator for the JIRA project you are integrating with GitLab will need to add the user provided by the JIRA Super Admin to the JIRA project in the Project Administrator role. For more on adding users to roles, see DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Add Users to Project via Roles.
- Log in to git.doit.wisc.edu with your NetID and locate your Project.
- Within the Project, enter the Settings menu.
- Under the Integrations settings, select Jira from the list of options.
- Use the field criteria in the screenshot below to fill in your Git Project settings:
Important: Be sure to save your changes when finished.
For more details on GitLab JIRA Integrations, please see further GitLab Documentation.