DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Update the Owner of a Board (Admin Only)
The key to changing the owner of a Board is to change the owner of the filter that drives it. This document will show you how to the change the filter, share the filter out and thereby be allowed to update the Board Administrator name.
Note: This can only be performed by DoIT JIRA Admins. Please escalate requests to the Shared Tools team accordingly.
Locate Query to Rename in the Board
- Identify the board that needs the Administrator (Owner) updated.
- Open that board and you should see a Board button on the upper right.
- Click on the down-arrow in that Board button
- Select Configure from the dropdown menu.
- You will be presented with the Configure <Board Name> screen.
- Click on the Edit Filter Query link (outlined in red in the image below).
Rename Filter and Share Out
- You will be taken to a Save Filter pop up: enter "COPY OF <name of filter>" in the Filter Name field and click on the Submit button.
- You will be led BACK to the filter with the updated name.
- Click on the Details button next to the Save as button on that screen.
- You will be led to the Edit Current Filter screen
- In the Add Shares field, select Project from the dropdown menu in the field adjacent to that drop down, select a JIRA Project and click on the Add button.
The image below shows the Add button outlined in red. This is a very important step.
- Check your work: the shares field above the Add Shares field should be populated with the Project you selected.
The image below shows the Shares field updated as expected.
- Click the Save button to save your changes
Add Renamed Filter and Update "Administrator"(Board Owner)
- Go back to the board whose owner you want to update and click on the Board button and select Configure from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Saved Filter field and a pencil will appear. Click on the pencil.
- Enter the word "COPY" and select the filter name you just created.
- Click on the Administrator field and a pencil will appear.
- Choose the name of the administrator. (you may be asked to add a udds number in this field also