DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Create JIRA Records from Service Account Emails
Admins can make their workflow more efficient by having content sent to an O365 Service Account automatically populate a JIRA record within their project. Please follow the steps below to make this happen.
- Create an Office 365 Service Account.
- Through the Wisc Account Administration site, make sure the Service Account's IMAP protocol is enabled and Password Security is disabled.
- Email the JIRA Admins through the DoIT Help Desk at email@example.com, including:
- Subject: "I would like emails received at my O365 Service Account to become a JIRA Record"
- JIRA Project Name and Key (example: fsaATLAS/ SPT)
- Service Account email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- What kind of issue type you want to be created (Task, bug, etc.)
- Preferred non-email contact method (Cell phone, office phone, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Upon receiving this email, A DoIT JIRA Admin will contact you directly for the Service Account password dedicated to this inbound email queue for JIRA.
- Finally, the Admin will configure JIRA to check your Service Account inbox for emails to create issues in your Project.