When groups or projects are moved, there are some side effects. Shared Tools recommends:
- Reviewing the documentation and testing before moving any projects or groups.
- Duplicate an existing group and project or create a new test group and project. Perform a move and review epics, boards, issues, members, groups, and projects to:
- Confirm the meta-data is retained.
- Ensure members and assignees carried over.
- Determine if any admin level permissions are required to retain specific information.
- Test links to see if any absolute links need to be updated.
- Create a merge request, pull, and push changes to the repositories to verify the settings will need to be changed.
- Document your findings prior to moving the primary group.
- Share this information with your group members a few days before the final move.