Topics Map > JIRA
DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - JIRA Super Administrator Role Guidelines
In the DoIT instance of JIRA Software, the JIRA Super administrator role is reserved for Shared Tools team members. Exceptions are only made to support global administrative functions specific to select JIRA project(s). JIRA super administrators should only perform actions that change their own, specific JIRA project(s).
The DoIT JIRA Software instance is a single instance that supports multiple JIRA projects across Campus. In a single instance, data can be shared across multiple JIRA projects. When making super administrator level changes in JIRA:
- Use caution
- Verify that improvements will only affect the intended JIRA project(s)
- Contact the Shared Tools team if any changes will affect multiple projects or if you are uncertain
- Always direct user requests not specific to your projects to the Shared Tools team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limit project customizations to ensure the use of JIRA is maintainable by other team members
Note: Highly customized projects are often better supported by a combination of Atlassian products. The DoIT GitLab instance is intended to support only what is delivered in JIRA Software.
Specific Content That is Often Shared Across Multiple Projects
- User Groups (UDDS or JIRA User Groups)