Topics Map > GitLab
Topics Map > Shared Tools
DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab - Service & Eligibility
GitLab supports a wide variety of clients, provides maximum flexibility in configuration, and offers many features. The ultimate tier features are included in this GitLab for Campuses license. Some features may not be enabled yet.
- Current faculty and staff
- Current students
- Current employees of UW System with a specific need to collaborate on projects in DoIT's GitLab service
- Current contractors of UW-Madison or UW System with a specific need to collaborate on projects in DoIT's GitLab service
- Former faculty and staff
- Former students
- Contractors or UW System staff without specific need for access
Requirements for Login
- A valid UW-Madison NetID
- Ability to log in with Duo Multi-Factor Authentication
- (Test instance only) UW-Madison campus IP address or connection to WiscVPN
- DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab - How-to Login
- MFA-Duo Overview
- WiscVPN - How to Install, Connect, Uninstall, and Disconnect WiscVPN Palo Alto GlobalProtect
If you believe that you meet the eligibility criteria but are not able to access GitLab, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
Need a GitLab Group?
If you need a GitLab group or want to know more about the current service offering(s), please contact the Shared Tools team to schedule a needs analysis.
GitLab maintenance is performed on Tuesday nights from 10 pm to 11:59 pm. During this time, the service may be unavailable. All outages are listed on outages.doit.wisc.edu.