DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Locating Dashboards that have been Shared by Owner
Locating a specific dashboard that has been shared by the owner allows you to add them to your Favorites and view them along with your other dashboards. You may also copy a dashboard and subsequent gadgets and edit the copy of that dashboard for your own purposes.
- Log into Jira at https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa.
- Click on downward pointing arrow next to the Tools link on the far right of the screen.
- A dropdown menu will appear, select Find Dashboards.
- You will be taken to the Manage Dashboards screen, into the Search tab (vertical tabs located on the left of the screen). In the Search field, you can enter words that may appear in the Name or Description field of the dashboard you seek. Once entered, click on the Searchbutton.
You may also search by dashboard Owner username. If you don't know the owner username, click on the "select a user" icon which will take you to the User Picker screen. Enter data in the in Full Name Contains /or Email Contains field(s) and click on the Filter button. A list of usernames will appear, click on the appropriate username. The Owner field will automatically populate with the dashboard owner's username. Finally, click on the Search button.
- The Search Dashboards screen will yield dashboards matching your criteria. When you locate the dashboard that you want to share, click on the gray star on the left next to the dashboard name. The star will change from gray to gold in color. The gold star indicates that the dashboard you just selected is now one of your "Favorites".
- To view the dashboard you just selected as one of your Favorites, click on the Dashboard link on the upper left corner of your screen. You will see the dashboard you just selected in the vertical tabs on the left side of your screen.