DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - New User Self-Enrollment and Access
This document will guide you through the steps to log in as a new user to DoIT's instance of Jira.
Add Yourself to DoIT JIRA
- DoIT Staff and DoIT adjacent teams can log in at https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/.
- You will be redirected to the Wisconsin Federation login page. Select your campus and click Go.
- You will then be asked to enter your NetID and Password. Click Log in.
Once logged in for the first time, you will automatically be added to the appropriate UDDS (organization) groups.
If your UDDS group(s) has access to a specific JIRA project, you will have access to that project and appear in the Assignee and Watcher lists for selection. You can access these JIRA project(s) at https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/.
New User Troubleshooting
For details on eligibility and JIRA policies, please see DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Service Description and Policies.
Wisconsin Federated Login Errors
If the Wisconsin Federation thinks you belong to a different campus (perhaps you moved organizations, or accidentally selected incorrectly), please follow these steps before logging into JIRA:
- Clear your cache and cookies.
- Fully close then reopen your browser.
- Log in to JIRA at https://jira.doit.wisc.edu/jira/.
If you continue to experience problems with the Wisconsin Federated Login, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NetID Login Errors
If you do not know your login information or experience errors with your NetID when attempting to log in to JIRA, please see NetID - Login Problems.