DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Microsoft Teams Integration
How to get jira issues recorded in a Teams Channel
Done via microsoft connectors:
- In Teams select or create a Channel for the JIRA notices to show in.
- Click on the "..." icon and select connectors.
- In the connectors channel search for Jira Server
- Name it, and on the next screen copy and retain the Webhook URL
- Start a case with Shared Tools (via the support form) providing the webhook and the Names of the projects you wish to have report.
- Default is for the webhook to fire on Issue Created/Updated. That should announce most actions to the channel.
- JIRA Admins: Go to JIRA and select "System" from the cog menu.
- Select WebHooks.
- Add a new one, select a good name that identifies it well (Shared Tools-MSTeams)
- in events add a JQL query to limit the hook to the projects requested (example Project=ST, or limits from a Advanced search)
- And Save it (don't select "exclude body")
- List of all the options for the webhook to fire on below:
Project related events
Events for projects and project versions.
User related events
JIRA configuration related events
Features status change (enabled/disabled)
JIRA Software related events
Events for sprints and boards