DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Microsoft Teams Integration
This document explains how to get JIRA issues recorded in a Mircosoft Teams Channel.
- In Teams, select or create a Channel for the JIRA notices to show in.
- Click on the "..." icon and select Connectors.
- In the connectors channel search for "JIRA Server".
- Name it, and on the next screen copy and retain the WebHook URL.
- Contact the Shared Tools team at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the WebHook along with the names of the projects you wish to have reported.
- Note: The default is for the Webhook to fire on Issue Created/Updated. That should announce most actions to the channel. For all possible options, see the tables below.
- The JIRA Admins will contact you once the steps below have been completed.
For JIRA Super Admin Team
- Go to JIRA and select "System" from the cog menu.
- Select WebHooks.
- Add a new one, and select a good name that identifies it well (Shared Tools-MSTeams)
- In Events, add a JQL query to limit the hook to the projects requested (example Project=ST, or limits from an Advanced search)
- Save it (don't select "exclude body")
List of Webhook Firing Options
|Worklog||Created, updated, deleted|
|Comment||Created, updated, deleted|
|Issue||Created, updated, deleted, worklog changed|
Project Related Events
|Project||Created, updated, deleted|
|Version||Released, unreleased, created, moved, updated, merged, deleted|
User Related Events
|User||Created, updated, deleted|
JIRA Configuration Related Events
|Voting, watching, unassigned issues, subtasks, attachments, issue links, time tracking|
JIRA Software Related Events
|Sprint||Created, updated, deleted, started, closed|
|Board||Created, updated, deleted, configuration changed|