DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - "WiscList User" Access
JIRA Admins can add a WiscList as a JIRA user. JIRA Project Admins may then give a WiscList User specific permissions so it may be selected from issue dropdown menus in fields such as assignee, watcher, reporter, etc.
WiscList Owner Best Practices:
- Determine that all the list member names and email addresses are current.
- Go into the WiscList Settings and verify that the Posting Security setting is set to "Anyone may post (including non-members)". The image below shows the dropdown menu which defaults to "List members may post". This setting needs to be updated for JIRA to post to the list
- Click the Update button in WiscList to save your changes. The image below shows the Update button for the "kb-admins" WiscList with a yellow square around it. A green "Updated" message will appear next to that button to verify the changes were saved.
- Finally, notify list members that they will be receiving emails notifications from JIRA.
How to add a WiscList User to JIRA
- Write an email to JIRA Admins at email@example.com requesting to add a WiscList User.
- Provide the following information in the email:
- Full Name:
The image below follows the naming standard used in JIRA for the ADI Support WiscList User: