DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Updating the Project Lead Name
If you are a Project Administrator of your JIRA project, you may update the Project Lead of a project by following the steps below.
- Navigate to the Project Settings screen
- You will see the Administration screen > click on the name of your JIRA Project > this leads to the Project settings screen > locate the Roles section of the screen in the lower right > click on the View Project Roles link
The image below shows the Roles section emphasized in red. A purple arrow is pointing to the View Project Roles link.
- Click on Edit defaults link on the top right of the Users and roles screen
The image below shows a red arrow pointing to the Edit defaults link.
- A pop up window: "Edit Project Lead and Default Assignee for Project: XXX" will appear: place cursor into the Project Lead field and delete the name in that field.
The image below shows the Outdated Project Lead's name in the Project Lead field highlighted and ready to be deleted.
- Enter a person's name or NetID in the Project Lead field and then SELECT that name from the drop down list (Note: Selecting the name from the dropdown will populate the Project lead field).
- Click the Update button to save your work.
Open Jira > click on the Administration "gear" in upper right corner > select Projects in the menu
The image below shows the highlighted Administration gear leading to the dropdown menu with Projects highlighted by the cursor.