DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - JIRA Record automatically populated by content from Service Account
Admins can make their workflow more efficient by having content sent to an O365 Service Account automatically populate a JIRA record within their project. Please follow the steps below to make this happen.
- Create an O365 Service Account
- Email Shared Tools Help and include the following information:
"I would like emails received at my 0365 Service Account to become a JIRA Record"
- JIRA Project Name and Key (example: fsaATLAS/ SPT)
- Service account email Address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Service account password dedicated to this inbound email queue for JIRA (example: a1B*Cd2efgH3i)
- Once you have your account created, you have to set up the following:
* For Office365 Service Accounts
1. the IMAP protocol must be enabled (https://kb.wisc.edu/28747#enabldispro)
2. "Password Security" must be disabled to allow non Microsoft clients to connect (https://kb.wisc.edu/95580)When requesting the JIRA connection, including what kind of issue type you want created (Task, Bug, etc.)
Upon receiving this email, the JIRA Admin will configure JIRA to check your Service Account inbox for email to create issues in your JIRA project.