News and Announcements
- Box ends support for TLS 1.0 on June 25 Jun 18, 2018, 6:58 PM CDT
On June 25, 2018 Box will start blocking access from client applications that use TLS 1.0. The original announcement of this change only affected older client versions and impacted a very small number of users.
Those users were contacted directly by the UW Madison Box Service Team. Box has since identified issues with the current versions of Box for Office and Box Drive for Windows that will require all users of those applications to upgrade their clients.
- Spring 2018 Box Feature Deprecations Jun 11, 2018, 12:30 PM CDT
Box is constantly working to improve the user experience on Box, and sometimes that means removing functionality to make room for an even better product.
Please review the features below that will retire in the coming months.
- New SMTP Relay support for AWS and Email List and Marketing Best Practices May 10, 2018, 9:37 AM CDT
office 365 email smtp aws email list marketing communications dmarc security secure
- Reminder: G Suite Drive Desktop Sync Client Shutdown on May 12, 2018 May 10, 2018, 8:56 AM CDT
google g suite apps sync desktop client mac pc file stream syncing may 12 shutdown
- Office 365 Updates: Increased Office 365 Groups Privacy, DMARC Info tool, and more Nov 9, 2017, 3:22 PM CDT
Learn about the latest updates made to Office 365 Groups and the Wisc Account Admin site.
- Security changes coming to UW-Madison Box accounts on June 21, 2017 Jun 28, 2017, 10:33 AM CDT
Effective June 21, 2017, UW-Madison Box accounts will receive the following two security changes: