Audio Device Settings (Windows 10)
Configuration instructions for enabling and setting default audio devices in Windows 10
- Confirm that your audio device is plugged in.
- Using Windows 10, right click on the speaker icon (right hand side) of the taskbar to show menu choices, left click on Sounds.
- Once in the Playback or Recording section, you should see the corresponding devices listed.
(as long as they are plugged into, and detected by the computer)
- Right click on the appropriate device in the list, and select Set as Default Device.
Note: Current default devices are indicated by a green check mark symbol.- If your default playback or recording device is working properly, you should see the level indicator on the right side of the device listing, moving up and down.
- Be sure to check any volume adjustments to make sure the sound is audible.
Note: Volume controls can be in multiple places, such as the Windows volume icon in the taskbar, a media player software volume button, a physical button on the speaker, headset or microphone, etc.