Remote Desktop Connection (Windows - GlobalProtect)
Instructions on how to use the Windows Remote Desktop client to remotely connect to an SMPH staff computer.
- Click and run the WiscVPN GlobalProtect desktop app. See link below for instructions.
GlobalProtect VPN - Connecting using Windows
Note: Most staff computers, already have GlobalProtect installed. If you need to install GlobalProtect see the following KB article:
WiscVPN - Installing and Connecting the GlobalProtect Client (Windows)
- Once GlobalProtect VPN is connected, open and run the Remote Desktop Connection application.
Note: The Remote Desktop App can be found, by clicking the Start Menu button (windows logo - taskbar), and typing "Remote Desktop Connection" in the search field.
- Enter the IP address (Ex. 128.104.###.###) of the specific work computer you are trying to connect to.
Note: To find out the IP address you can usually do a google search (while on the work computer) for the phrase “What is my IP”
Note: Your work computer must be powered on for the connection to work.
- Enter your network credentials (Work computer username and password).
If you are on the MedSchool Active Directory (most of HSLC staff) enter MSAD\ before the username.
If you are on the Campus Active Directory (Basic Sciences, Oncology, PHS/PHI, etc.) enter AD\ before username.
- IF, you see the Certificate message, check the box next to “Don’t ask me again…” and click Yes.
- You should now be logged into your work computer, via the Remote Desktop Connection window.