GlobalProtect VPN - Connecting using Windows
Step by step instructions on connecting with the (already installed) WiscVPN GlobalProtect client.
- Click the GlobalProtect icon on (bottom right) the Taskbar.
Note: The GlobalProtect icon looks like a white/grey earth globe, when it is not connected.
- Confirm that the correct Portal is selected.
Note: The general campus VPN portal is uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu. A different portal may be needed (such as a specific departmental portal) depending on a user's access requirements.
- Click the Connect button.
- Enter your NetID credentials.
Note: If you have a Static IP enabled add an _1 after your NetID username. Example: bbadger_1
- Enter the MFA-Duo passcode, or type the number 1 to initiate a Duo Push, then click Sign In.
Note: The following window will show until the Duo-Push completes.
- After completing the MFA-Duo authentication, GlobalProtect should show the following window when properly connected:
Note: The GlobalProtect icon looks like a blue/green earth globe with a shield, when it is connected.
Also see:WiscVPN - How to Install, Connect, Uninstall, and Disconnect WiscVPN Palo Alto GlobalProtect
https://kb.wisc.edu/90370WiscVPN - Installing the Palo Alto GlobalProtect Client (Windows)https://kb.wisc.edu/91915