Policy Development, Review, and Implementation Policy
Policy Title Workforce Identification Badges Policy Section Facilities/Space Policy Number 50.01 Effective Date January 18, 2016
Outlines policy describing how policies are developed and maintained throughout their lifecycle.
UW SMPH Policy Title
|Policy Development, Review, and Implementation Policy|
UW SMPH Policy Number
☐Basic Research, Biotechnology and Graduate Studies
☐Clinical and Translational Research
Policy Contact Unit
|SMPH Operations/Administration, SMPH Policy Development and Review Committee, contact Committee Chair(s)|
To provide a policy for the development, approval, implementation, and routine review of policies to provide consistency under which SMPH departments, units and centers operate and conduct business.
Policy: An outline of governing principles, plans, or understanding that guides actions and responsibilities for a given situation designed to describe expected practices and outcomes.
Procedures: Outline of actions and responsibilities describing mandatory business practices that directly affects day to day workforce activities, and may be subject to discipline if not followed.
Guideline: Recommendation or advisory description of business practices not subject to discipline.
Management Sponsor: SMPH leader designated by the Dean of SMPH to authorize/request review of Policies.
- All SMPH Policies must be developed to conform to any controlling UW-Madison Policy in existence at the time the SMPH Policy is reviewed/approved.
- No clinical practice policies will be developed or reviewed under this structure.
- When a Policy is approved under this Policy, the Policy will apply to all workforce members unless otherwise more specifically defined within the Policy document.
- Policies shall be designed, whenever feasible, to apply across all departments/units/centers within the SMPH and shall be consistent regardless of location unless otherwise more specifically defined within the Policy document.
- Policies shall be developed, whenever feasible, in a collaborative fashion between the UW- Madison, UW SMPH, and University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Authority(UWHCA), to encourage adoption of similar/compatible Policies across all entities in the UWand UW Health system.
- Policies may require multidisciplinary review and approval by the appropriate committee(s)before implementation. All Policies must meet the standards as outlined in the SMPH PolicyDevelopment and Approval Procedure.
- The SMPH Policy Development and Review Committee (PDRC) provides a school-wideplatform for decision-making on policy standards. The committee supports the development,review, approval, and distribution of all Policies. The Chair(s) of the committee and theirrespective members will work in conjunction with Management Sponsors, SMPH Dean’sLeadership Team (DLT) and/or Dean’s designee.
Links to Related Procedures
SMPH Policy Development and Approval Procedure
Links to Related Guidelines
Responsible Unit and Contact title
SMPH Operations/Administration, SMPH PolicyDevelopment and Review Committee, contact Committee Chair(s)
July 26, 2016
Revision History/Prior replaced or revised policies
New, replaces prior standard business process
Next Review Date