Topics Map > Graduate Programs > E-Newsletters

Graduate Programs: Add/Change Major Process

Any current graduate student at UW-Madison wanting to apply to a Human Ecology PhD, MFA, or MS program will need to do so using the Graduate School's add/change major form and submit other materials directly to the Human Ecology Graduate Program office.

DEADLINE: 12/1 for Human Ecology PhD and Human Ecology MS; 1/1 for Human Ecology MFA. All application materials must be received by the application deadline. 

PROCESS: Indicate your intentions to apply by submitting the Graduate School add/change major form
Submit additional application materials to the School of Human Ecology (SoHE) Graduate Program office ( All applications will be reviewed among the other applicants for that year. 

MATERIALS: All application materials require the add/change major form, original graduate school application, personal statement, writing sample, portfolio (if applicable), transcripts, and 3 letters of recommendation.
Letters of recommendation can be new letters submitted by the recommender directly to the SoHE Graduate Program office ( or letters from the original application to UW-Madison may be used. In either case, please communicate with the SoHE Graduate Program office about your intentions. 

QUESTIONS: Any questions can be directed to

Keywords:applications, admissions, add/change major   Doc ID:115242
Owner:Michelle H.Group:School of Human Ecology
Created:2021-12-14 11:31 CDTUpdated:2021-12-14 11:40 CDT
Sites:School of Human Ecology
Feedback:  0   0