Expense Reimbursement Guidelines for Registration Fees from the SoHE Business Office.
Registration fees are for official participation (either virtual or in-person) at conferences, conventions, training, or meetings related to University business. Non-business related or optional activities (e.g. sightseeing tours, golf outings, family activities) or expenses for a spouse, friend or family member are not payable/reimbursable.
Registration Fees (click for printable checklist)
The following documentation should be submitted for registration fees (either attached electronically to the report or via hard copy):
- Receipts are required for all registration fees. Documentation must include the following information:
- Event name
- Event dates
- Amount of the registration fee
- A breakdown of the specific costs included in the fee (e.g. meals, materials). This can often be found on the event website.
- A UW-Madison business purpose and description of the event
- An event or meeting agenda