Expense Reimbursement Guidelines for Memberships from the SoHE Business Office.
Membership renewals previously paid by the UW are allowable for payment/reimbursement; however the initial payment of a membership (i.e. a membership not previously paid for by the UW for any employee) must be processed for payment by the SoHE Business Office on a requisition with UW Purchasing Services or a Direct Payment Form to allow for appropriate approvals. If you are unsure whether a membership is allowable per the above, please check with the SoHE Business Office prior to purchasing. See Business Office Contacts
Individual memberships are not allowable on GPR (Fund 101) funding unless a justification is provided as to how the membership benefits the school and students.
Memberships (click for printable checklist)
Expense Type to use in e-Reimbursement: Misc-Purchases/Supplies
The following documentation is required for expenses for Membership dues/fees:
- Itemized vendor receipt including:
- annual membership dues/fees
- membership period
- proof of payment
- Membership Benefits documentation: a list of the benefits provided by the membership.
- Address listed on the Membership must be a UW business address, not a home address.
- A UW-Madison business purpose