Topics Map > Desktop Support > Windows
Topics Map > User Services > Web
Topics Map > Software > Windows Applications > Software Center
Setup Profile Synchronization in Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
Microsoft Edge sync enables users to access their browsing data across all their signed-in devices. The data supported by sync includes Favorites, passwords, addresses and forms, collections, and settings.
Set up Sync
- Launch Microsoft Edge. Click on the profile icon in the upper-right area of the menu bar. Then, click "Sign in" to get started.
- You will then be prompted to sign in with a Microsoft account. Fortunately, if you do not already have a personal Microsoft account, you can use the account associated with your UW NetID. To use your NetID account, click "Sign in with a Work or School account". Then click "Continue".
- Enter your WiscMail address (this should follow the pattern firstname.lastname@example.org), then click "next". You will then be re-directed to sign in with your NetID at the UW-Madison SSO prompt.
- Complete the UW-Madison SSO process by entering your NetID and Password and confirming your identity with Duo MFA.
- After you authenticate, you'll be asked if you want to associate your Microsoft account with the device you are signing in on, and allow your organization to manage the device. We advise against this, therefore you should click "No, sign in to this app only" at the bottom of the window.
- Your account has been established. The final step is to opt-in to synchronization. This will securely backup your bookmarks, settings, saved passwords and extensions to the cloud. They will then be available to you whenever you sign into Edge on other devices. You can customize what items are synchronized by Edge within the browser's settings, as detailed by Microsoft.
- You've now completed the sign in and setup process for Microsoft Edge. If you've previously used Edge on another device and enabled sync, your content and settings will begin downloading and applying soon.