How To Share Your Calendar In Outlook
Instructions on your surgery sharing calendar
Outlook installed locally
Open the Calendar in Outlook by clicking on the Calendar icon in the bottom left corner.
In Calendar view, right click on Calendar and select Properties.
In the Properties window, click on the Permissions Tab. Click on the Add button to add a User.
The address book window will open. Search for the User(s) you want to add > Click OK
Select the User then change the permission level using the drop-down box. Click Ok when finished.
**Wait about a half an hour for the changes to be applied and synced across.
Outlook Web Access
- Select the Calendar icon from the app launcher near the top-left corner of the screen.
- Open the calendar you want to share, and click Share from the top menu bar.
- This will open a side panel. If you already have shared your calendar with others, those people will be listed here. To share your calendar with a new person, type their email address or name into the search box. The search box will auto-populate with suggestions from within UW-Madison's Global Address List and your address book. If you want to modify the permission level of a person you have already shared your calendar with, find them in the permissions listing.
- When you have found the person you want to share your calendar with, click their entry and select the level of access you want them to have. Note: You will only have the ability to provide read access to users who are not within UW-Madison's Office 365 environment.
Note: If you have many users who you will be assigning the same set of permissions across multiple accounts, review document before continuing.
- After you've selected what level of access you would like this person to have, click Share. This will send an email notifying the person that you have shared your calendar with them, and what level of access you have specified.