News and Announcements
- Users Unable to Access Canvas (RESOLVED) Feb 18, 2019, 10:44 AM CST
From approximately 1:15 to 1:39 AM (CST) on Monday, February 18th, users reported experiencing errors or being unable to access Canvas. Instructure was made aware of the issue, and the service was restored.
- Kaltura REACH Captions Testing -Not Currently Available Jan 30, 2019, 10:14 AM CST
The Learn@UW Madison team is currently rigorously testing the Kaltura REACH ASR Machine Captioning functionality for our Kaltura MediaSpace and Canvas integrations through an approved closed Pilot approved by the Learn@UW Madison Executive Committee.
- Qualtrics Mailer app no longer able to send surveys from @wisc.edu address Feb 20, 2019, 9:04 AM CST
Effective March 1, 2019, individuals who use the Qualtrics Mailer application to send surveys will not be able to use an @wisc.edu email address in the custom From Address field. This change will not impact the ability to change the From Name or the Reply-to Email address when sending surveys.
- "Dropped" Spring Enrollment Still Appearing in Canvas Feb 14, 2019, 1:45 PM CST
Users may notice they still have access to a Spring 2019 course in Canvas that they had previously dropped or removed in SIS. After a technical investigation, it was found that some users who signed up for Spring 2019 courses in November 2018, and then dropped them that same month, may not have their dropped enrollment to the course updated within Canvas.
- Box discontinuing support for WebDAV on January 31, 2019 Jan 9, 2019, 3:05 PM CST
On January 31, 2019, Box will deprecate support for WebDAV. Individuals connecting to Box using a WebDAV client, will see connection errors and will no longer be able to view or access their content on Box through the WebDAV client.
- Learn how DMARC will affect UW-Madison email marketing campaigns Jan 31, 2019, 2:15 PM CST
The UW-Madison Office 365 team, in collaboration with the Office of Cybersecurity, will rollout Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC) to campus to help protect your email marketing campaigns and your recipients from spam, spoofing, and phishing in July 2019. You are encouraged to proactively implement DMARC policy for your department’s subdomain before this date. Learn more about the UW-Madison DMARC project.
- Known Issue: Google Drive File Stream incompatible with macOS 10.14 (Mojave) Oct 29, 2018, 5:48 PM CST
Google Drive File Stream is encountering syncing/loading issues on macOS computers that update to 10.14 (Mojave).
- Box no longer supporting iOS 10 this fall Sep 5, 2018, 3:21 PM CST
Box recently announced they will discontinue support for devices using iOS 10 once Apple releases iOS 12 this fall. At this time the latest version of the Box app on iOS 10 is still functional.
- Update: Box ending support for TLS 1.0 on June 25 delayed Oct 29, 2018, 5:56 PM CST
Individuals who have recently accessed Box with an application that uses TLS 1.0 will receive a notification from the vendor directing the user to update their application before November 12, 2018.
- Spring 2018 Box Feature Deprecations Jun 11, 2018, 11:30 AM CST
Box is constantly working to improve the user experience on Box, and sometimes that means removing functionality to make room for an even better product.
Please review the features below that will retire in the coming months.