(Madison Only) Requesting a Symantec Token
At present the populations within UW-Madison that still require a Symantec token are:
This document summarizes the process by which populations at UW-Madison that continue to require UW Digital ID Symantec tokens (smart phone or fob) can get identity proofed and credentialed.
- Student Employees
- Cybersecurity VPN users
- HRS VPN users
- Log into the UW Digital ID application at http://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/
- Click Request from the left hand menu
- Select the Identity Proofing option
- Verify our email address
- Visit an LRA with your campus photo ID and a state ID, drivers license, military ID, or passport to verify your identity
- Indicate that you are in a population that still requires a Symantec token and either request a fob or install the smart phone "Symantec VIP" application.
- The LRA will log the serial number and relay it to the UW Digital ID team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UW Digital ID team will provision the Symantec credential and notify you when it is ready for use.