Template - Self Study Charge Memo
The program review is usually initiated by a self study charge memo from the dean to the lead member of the program faculty, usually a department chair or the chair of a program’s executive committee.
Schools and colleges may create their own charge memos or they may use the Self Study charge memo template. To use the template, fill in [bracketed] information, save the text on school/college letterhead, and send it to the lead member of the program faculty and the copy list indicated on the template.
Schools/colleges not using the template must include the following items in the self study charge memo:
- a request that a self-study be written
- a list of the academic programs (majors, options, certificates) to be reviewed
- a link to guidelines for structuring the self-study (either University guidelines or School/College guidelines)
- a description of specific items for the academic program(s) to address
- a due date for submitting the self-study to the dean's office
- attach the dean's final summary from the most recent review of the academic program
- copy to Academic Planning and Institutional Research