How to add a shared network printer on Windows 7
Procedure to add a shared network printer on Windows 7 clients.
Find the name of the printer you would like to use. There will usually be a label on the printer that's starts with P. For example: P-HPM553-1. This is the printer name you will need to choose from a list of shared printers.
1. From the Windows 7 Start menu click "Devices and Printers":
2. Click "Add a printer" from the Devices and Printers dialog box:
3. Choose "Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer" in response to "What type of printer do you want to install?":
4. You will be presented with a list of many printers. These can be sorted by room number by clicking
the "Address" column. Select your printer by clicking on it's name it in the list:
5. Click Next to install the printer. Click Next again then Finish.
6. If you don't see your printer in the list then click "The printer that I want isn't listed".
7. Click the box labeled "Select a shared printer by name" and enter \\sma-2\ another list of printers will appear. Select your printer from that list then click Next and Finish.