UW Hospital and Clinics Clinical Lab Information
The UWHC central lab provides clinical laboratory testing for research studies, including clinical tests on blood and CSF. These types of test results have clinical value. The UWHC lab does not provide research testing (tests with unknown clinical value). Some studies, such as clinical trials, may require documentation regarding the the lab and lab tests to be present in the regulatory binder. This could include information such as the lab's CAP and CLIA certifications, normal lab values, and lab test info. Access to information about UWHC labs is described below.
UWHC Lab information
From a DOM computer, go to UConnect and search for Lab Test Directory.
- Within the Lab Test Directory, you can search for specific tests performed by UWHC labs. When searching for tests, you may need to search using various terms, for example CSF cell count is under "cell count, CSF". Each lab test has a summary of information including:
- Information on test results (normal ranges provided are broken down by sex/age when required)
- Volume of sample required
- Recommended type of collection tube
- Temperature requirements
- Test turnaround time
- Lab Test general information, including current CAP and CLIA certifications, can be found in the menu on the left side.
Questions regarding tests can be forwarded on to
- Clinical Laboratories Administrative Office (608) 263-7056
- Clinical Laboratories Client Services (608) 263-7060
|Version Date||Effective Date||Change Reason||Primary Author|
|July 23, 2020||August 5, 2020||Original||Sandy Harding|