Creating a Share so that someone can upload files to your acct.
Box Announcement Site with all sorts of good info include admin info for bigger quotas
Department's can request shared space (ie no one in their department is the primary owner) by going to:
Sharing an upload folder
- Go to https://uwmadison.app.box.com/ and login using your NetID and password.
- On the top right, click the "New…" drop down, select "New Folder"
- On the dialog that pops up, enter the name of the folder, and then enter the email address of the person that you'd like to have upload files, leaving the default access level of editor is ok. NOTE: This will send that email address an email alerting them to the new file space they have access to.
- At this point, the invited person can upload files.
Sharing an uploaded file for others to view.
- Change folders as necessary to view the File or Folder that you wish to share.
- Hover over the file or folder that you'd like to share, click the infinity symbol, and you'll see the share URL for your file. Anyone who has that URL (usually sent in email) will be able to access the file.
Note if you click the downward facing triangle in a box, there are a number of options under the Share menu item that allow fine grained control (picture below). You can also click the "Access" drop down menu (above picture).