O365 Outlook Web Browser App Service Account Access "Open Another Mailbox"
How to access an O365 UW Outlook Service Account via https://email.wisc.edu and linked NetID. Open another mailbox.
To access a service account via the 'Open Another Mailbox' feature in Outlook on the web (email.wisc.edu) the account you are logging in with must have linked netid permissions to the service account and the service account must be visible in the campus-wide GAL(UW global address list - ask your admin or account lead if you are unable to find the account in GAL).
- Login to Outlook on the web (email.wisc.edu) with the account which has linked netid permissions to the service account.
- After logging in, select your profile picture in the top right, pictured below, to get the dropdown menu and choose open another mailbox:
- This will give you a window to search for the account mailbox you are trying to open. Please type in the display name (or the email address) for the service account to find it in the GAL. Left click the account you wish to open
Note: Because there will be many service accounts in the Office 365 system, please type in the display name as accurately as possible to ensure you can easily find the correct service account.
- After left-clicking the account, it should be selected and give you an option to open the account as pictured below. Please choose the open option. Note: if you experience an error at this step, please review our Office 365 (Outlook on the web | Outlook for Windows | Mac) - Account Access Error document
- A new window/tab for Outlook on the web should appear in your browser for the service account.