Remote Connection to Network Drives PC (Windows)
Instructions on how to connect the Home and Network drives on Maple on Windows.
You must first be connected to the GlobalProtect departmental VPN to be able to follow the instructions found in this article.
When connected, the global protect icon becomes full color with a b&w check-mark.
Here is an image of the successful vpn connection icon.
WCER Server Changes - January 11, 2020
WCER's main projects folder (known as projects$ to Mac users, and the N: drive to Windows users) has been migrated to more advanced equipment. Part of that migration involved changing its name from maple to may.
Any mappings or links using the old name of maple will still resolve to the correct name of may, which should be unnoticeable by the end user, but we will be updating all our documentation to reflect the new server name and refer to the server as may this point forward.
Connecting to the WCER Network/Project (N:) Drive
The WCER Network/Project drive is a location on the May file server.
- Click Start -> Computer -> Map Network Drive (In the menu bar of the new window)
- In the Map Network Drive window, change the drive letter to N:, if the drive letter is not available choose another.
- In the folder field enter the following:
- Check the box for "Reconnect at logon" if you wish the location to be mapped every time you start the computer. Note: The drive will still not work until you are connected to the Departmental VPN
- Check the box for "Connect using different credentials"
- Hit Finish
- A username and password field pops up, in these fields enter your username in the following format:
username field: SOE-AD\<username>
password field: <password> (the one used to login to MyWCER and your Windows Desktop computer in the Center)