Password Reset Portal - Account Creation
An opt-in web-based password service for managing your WCER credentials while remote or outside of WCER Helpdesk's regular office hours. This service allows you to reset/change your password and unlock your account.
- You must have an active WCER network account to use this system.
- If you do not have a WCER network account, request one by sending an email to email@example.com
- The network account must not be at the "user must change password at next login" phase of deployment.
Direct your browser to Password Reset Portal (password.wcer.wisc.edu).
Create a Password Reset Portal Account
Note: If this is your first time connecting to Password Reset Portal, you must have an active WCER account (not expired or locked out) before you can create an account.
- If your account is locked out but your password is not expired, your account will unlock automatically after a half hour. After 30 minutes, you may try to log into Password Reset Portal to create a portal account.
- If your account is currently expired, you must contact WCER Helpdesk before you can proceed. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter your WCER username. Select Go.
Enter your current, active WCER password. Select Continue.
Read over the new user introduction guide. Select Continue to proceed with your account creation.
Select a Security Image from one of the randomly generated images provided.
Create a password (security word) for your Password Reset Portal account. The password must be at least 5 characters and include at least one numeric character. As you enter your password, text below the input boxes will tell you what is missing in your password and a progress bar will turn from red to green when you have satisfied all requirements.
The security image and password are a unique combination for this system so make sure you are able to recall them for future use. WCER Tech Services is not able to lookup profile passwords or image choice. If you have forgotten these, email email@example.com and ask to have your Password Reset Pro portal account deleted and refreshed.
Select Finish when you have your security image and password.
You should see a confirmation of your Password Reset Portal account completing its creation. You can now manage your WCER credentials remotely.