Printing: Adding a Ricoh WCER network floor printer (Mac)
This document will guide you through the steps needed to add a WCER Ricoh floor printer on any Apple Mac computer.
- Prerequisites (Assumptions)
• You are using an Ethernet/wired connection from a WCER office OR you have an active connection via the GlobalProtect VPN client.
Please click here for help installing and using the Palo Alto Networks GlobalProtect VPN client.
• You have been provided a 4-digit print code which will enable you to print to the Ricoh printer on your floor.
Please contact your supervisor or P.I. if you have not been given a print code.
- Steps for installing a Ricoh floor printer
1) Open System Preferences either from the dock, or from the Apple menu, and select the Printers & Scanners preference pane.
2) Click on the "+" button near the lower left of the Printers & Scanners window.
3) Select the IP globe icon within the Add window that appears and complete the following
a) Enter the printer's fully qualified domain name within the Address field.
In our example, the printer is named Omaha, so we will enter wceromaha.ad.education.wisc.edu
b) Make sure Line Printer Daemon - LPD is selected from the Protocol drop-down menu.
c) Edit the entry in the Name field to something easier to read. Again, this would be Omaha in our example.
d) The Location field is optional, but it may be helpful for you to enter something here.
e) The Use field automatically populates with the proper Ricoh driver. If it says Generic Postscript, please verify that the Address field is correct.
Press the Add button.
4) With your newly installed printer selected (highlighted) at the left side of the preference pane, click on the Options & Supplies... button.
5) Choose Lower Paper Trays from the Option Tray drop-down menu.
Choose Installed from the Internal Tray 2 drop-down menu.
Your Ricoh floor printer is now installed.
IMPORTANT: You still need to create a printer preset in order to print to the Ricoh printer.