Webex Meeting: Trouble with Audio
Having trouble with not hearing the speaker, or they can't hear you or both.
If you or your participants are having audio issues while in the meeting here are some general principles to help eliminate audio issues.
1. Before joining a meeting, plug in any external devices (headset, headset with mic, or external speaker).
2. Webex uses your operating system default sound- speaker and mic.
3. You can change the audio source from within Webex Meetings once you are in the meeting or before you join. If you can't hear through the headset and/or the mic does not appear to work, follow the directions below to resolve this issue.
At a Glance: Audio selection
If you are first joining a meeting you have the opportunity to set your audio.
If using Call Using Computer, you can change the following:
- Audio source by selecting the drop down arrows
- Test if you hear any sound or input coming from your microphone and speakers
- Adjust the output and input levels of your speaker and microphone.
Note - With Music Mode checked, Webex preserves the original sound from your microphone and turns off all automatic audio enhancements, including echo cancellation and background noise suppression. This option is recommended if you want to play music or a musical instrument.
If you are already in your session and need to get back to these controls:
Windows & Mac - select from the navigation buttons - 3 dots | Speaker, Microphone, and Camera